#Made4Math Flip Book - Solving Quadratics by Factoring





My second outcome in CP Pre-Calc is Solving Quadratics by Factoring.  I decided that I wanted to students to know 5 skills in order to pass this outcome:

Solving Quadratics by Factoring:
--> GCF
--> ax^2 + bx + c = 0      a = 1
--> ax^2 + bx + c = 0      a =/ 1
--> Special Trinomials (Difference of Two Squares AND Perfect Square Trinomials)
--> Combination of the Above

Then I went to the internet in search of a foldable that would allow for 5 topics and came across one like mine in the picture.  Perfect! 

I also created a PowerPoint to go along with the foldable.  It's nothing fabulous, it's just a slide show of the example I will be doing in class, but you are welcome to it.


I was curious how the students would react to something like this.  I find that students in this class are typically serious and not interested in stuff like this.  I found that the students liked it.  Not only could I tell by their reaction, but I came right out and asked them.  




Comments

  1. This is so cool! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In General, Quadrilateral means four sides but in geometry we can say any four sided shape is quadrilateral with a condition sides have to be straight and it has to be 2 dimensional. example a square, rhombus, trapezium and rectangle are also parallelograms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy I'm not at school anymore, Maths has always worried the hell out of me. Not looking forward to my girls getting to the age when they bring this stuff home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment