#MyFavFriday August 24 Sustained Energy

This is my favorite breakfast:  I love it because it keeps me going for about 4-5 hours, it takes me 60 seconds to prep in the morning, it's healthy, and it tastes good.

I make 2 batches of this every weekend and reheat one serving each morning.  



Blueberry Oatmeal Bake:

Ingredients:

1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (divided)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
cinnamon
salt
1/4 Cup maple syrup
1 Cup milk
1 egg
2 TBSP plain greek yogurt
2 ripe bananas
1 cup frozen blueberries (divided)

Mix the following ingredients in a bowl:
old-fashioned rolled oats
half the chopped walnuts
baking powder
vanilla protein powder
cinnamon
salt

In another bowl whisk:
maple syrup
milk
egg
plain greek yogurt

Grease a 2 quart baking dish
Slice 2 bananas and arrange in a single layer in the baking dish
Top with 1/2 cup of blueberries
Sprinkle the dry mixture over the berries
Pour in wet ingredients
top with remaining walnuts and blueberries

Bake at 375 degree for 40 minutes.

Once cool, place in 4 separate microwavable containers and refrigerate.  

For breakfast:
Microwave for about 40-50 seconds and enjoy!!!


Nutrition Information:
Calories: 284
Carbs: 45 
Fat: 8 
Protein: 11 
Sugar: 19 



I am not a fan of hot drinks so hot coffee is out for me....but not iced coffee.  With this healthy breakfast I have a tall glass of not so healthy iced coffee.  I'm working on this though.  I'm sure pinterest will come through for me when I'm ready to switch to a healthier version of iced coffee.




Comments