Edugaming Workshop

I am currently in the middle of a 4-day Edugaming Workshop and loving it.  I wouldn't consider myself a gamer, but I enjoy a good game.
The focus of this workshop is for educators to create game that are not quiz-like.  That is not an easy task.  In general you are trying to create a game to teach students and assess what they know but it can't be quiz-like.  Seems like an oxymoron, but it is possible, it just takes some thinking.

Here is an example of a quiz-like game.
A student picks up a card, answers the question, and if he is correct, then moves his piece of the board.

Here's another example:
Bang!  I wrote about this game previously in my Pinterest searchings.

Don't get me wrong, these quiz-like games are okay in the classroom, but you will find your students more engaged if it's not quizzy.

I have two more days of this workshop remaining.  I hope to have an update for you then.

Do you have any successful games that you use in your classroom?

Comments